Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk(s)
Kinston, NC 28504 US
An international service company is seeking to add 4 individuals to their team as Accounts Payable Specialists and Accounts Receivable Specialists. This role will start out on a temporary basis and will be eligible to become permanent after a probation period of 90 days. In these roles qualified candidates will be responsible for maintaining accurate and complete vendor account information, as well as entering AP invoices to ensure accuracy in GL reporting and vendor history information. Reviewing and auditing invoicing systems for accuracy and generating customer invoices.
Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the day-to-day review and processing of shared AP email account items.
- Enters AP invoices in one or more software applications, giving significant attention to accuracy of data entry
- Update manager regarding significant vendor events or disputes as they occur
- Assist with the month-end close process by way of ensuring all transactions for current period are accurately recorded by given deadline.
- Research technical accounting matters as related to AP transactions and vendor history.
- Support tax & audit compliance by compiling and preparing tax-related documentation as needed
- Review and audit trip data from multiple data sources for accuracy
- Create invoices in accounting system
- Post and apply payments received
- Send customer/member/owner invoices as required.
- Communicate with customers regarding billing inquiries
Dress Code and Uniform
- Well-groomed appearance
- Adherence to department dress code
- Some, less than 10%
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 30 pounds
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent experience OR Minimum of 3 years relevant practical bookkeeping experience and experience with accounting software (preferable online version)
- Able to complete pre-employment background and drug screening upon starting employment