Part-time Substation Construction & Maintenance Electrician I
Greenville, NC 27858 US
A large established employer is seeking a Student to join the team as a a Part-time Substation Construction & Maintenance Electrician I.
This position is responsible person to perform apprentice technician level work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of control and communication systems in substations, generator facilities, and general commission building facilities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistance in the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic and microprocessor control systems for substation, communication, generation, and distribution equipment
- Completes substation reports and other equipment reports on a schedule by taking readings and measurements
- Assists in the operation of various test equipment to collect data and readings on substation equipment
- Records equipment test records in a computerized database for preventive maintenance scheduling
- Assists in substation switching
- Assists in the maintenance of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Data (SCADA) system remote terminal units
- Assists in the maintenance of radio equipment by testing and repairing mobile, portable, and base station radios
- Assists in the maintenance and installation of Commission in-house communication (radio, telephone, & data) lines and equipment which includes splicing of telephone cables, fiber optic cable and category V communication cable
- Assists in the operation, maintenance and repairs of Commission generator sets which include inspecting, calibrating of governor and voltage controls, and servicing engines
- Assists in the testing of underground primary cable
- Repairs test equipment
- Performs other duties as required
The chosen candidate will work approximately 20 hours per week depending on school class schedule.
- High school diploma or GED and currently enrolled in a two-year college
- Valid Driver’s License
- Complete pre-employment background and drug screening
- Verification of enrollment in an educational program will be required