Greenville, NC 27858 US
Internationally recognized philanthropic non-profit is seeking a highly qualified Senior Accountant to join their team! This position is a Direct Hire. Please include your salary requirements upon submitting an application.
This position will require candidates to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, ability to prioritize and multi-task, be organized and detail oriented. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur-minded individual who possess’ highly analytical, organized, strong planning and time management skills, along with superior communication skills. They must be a team player with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn tasks specific to our global presence.
- Coordinates with Bookkeeper and leadership to ensure that the Company's accounting policies, systems and processes are following and compliant with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepares interim consolidated financial statements as requested by leadership.
- Performs ongoing general ledger maintenance, including account analysis.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the annual financial audit, preparing and delivering all requested information.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the annual tax return (990) preparation, preparing and delivering all requested information.
- Prepares information in support of quarterly meetings.
- Serves as a backup manager of Company spend card programs and reconciles and records all transactions.
- Prepares, reconciles, and maintains amortization schedules and subsidiary ledgers, as needed.
- Keeps fixed asset depreciation schedules.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles accounting transactions.
- Supports month-end and year-end closing of the books.
- Prepares reports and performs other tasks as requested in support of company leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- 7 years of progressive experience in non-profit accounting.
- CPA license is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Quick Books.
- Experience with working with multiple legal entities preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements.