Senior Staff Accountant- Direct Hire!
Washington, NC 27889 US
An employer in the Washington area is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team. This role is responsible for working with the Company’s Division Controller to perform financial analysis, closing duties and financial reporting. Functional responsibilities of this mid-level accounting position will include, but are not necessarily limited to: general accounting, asset management, lease accounting and other special projects relating to support of financial management.
This is a direct hire position. Salary will be based on experience. Please be sure to include your salary requirements when submitting your application.
- Responsible for reconciling various GL accounts on monthly basis and analyzing reconciliation for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Responsible for preparing various JEs for month end closing and completing the close process timely.
- Responsible for identifying reconciling items and taking action to correct root cause of problem or process.
- Assist and or prepare monthly sales tax returns for all entities.
- Responsible for monitoring repairs and maintenance accounts for any expenses that should be capitalized in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in various routine or strategic initiatives that may require accounting analysis or reporting.
- Responsible for maintenance of FAS (Fixed Asset Software) that tracks all fixed assets recorded on the balance sheet. Responsibilities include preparation of all asset addition/transfer/disposal reports, monthly additions and depreciation roll forwards, preparation of monthly depreciation expense journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Understand the accounting for lease transactions in accordance with ASC 842 - Leases
- Responsible for ensuring all capital expenditures are recorded correctly in the GL in accordance with GAAP. Responsibilities include gather all supporting documentation to include in Fixed Asset Roll forward binder for month-end.
- Assist in the independent auditors’ year-end financial audit.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Ensure that all work-related activities and functions are performed in a professional and ethical manner in compliance with the operating principles established for the accounting department.
- Perform all duties and activities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform duties effectively in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
- Recommend realistic cost savings equal to annual salary each year.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve and streamline accounting processes and controls.
- Assist with coordination of tax filings as it relates to general accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in quarterly reviews/year-end audits with internal and external auditors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline required.
- Five (5) years of directly related business accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Public accounting experience helpful.
- Prior lease accounting experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office, and high proficiency with Excel.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work overtime when situations arise and deadlines need to be met.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.